New York Life Insurance Co CORPORATE VICE PRESIDENT, Business Performance Analytics and Data in White Plains, New York
New York Life Insurance Company (New York Life or the company) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Lifes surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moodys Aaa; Standard & Poors AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanitythe values upon which New York Life was foundedhave guided the companys decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Corporate Vice President (CVP) of Business Performance Analytics and Data will create and provide data solutions and services that enable New York Lifes Agency business to make better-informed and timely business and strategic decisions. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases and proposed projects and partnering with key stakeholders and executives in our nationwide system of field offices to deliver essential reporting while providing a vision for enhancing our data and reporting program over time.
* Collaborate with business leaders and end users to define requirements for new technology and reporting solutions, focused on helping field producers identify opportunities to drive business results
* Understand business requirements for data and information to support business strategy and objectives
* Work with partners to translate business requirements into technical specifications
* Lead design sessions in prototyping new data solutions and BI dashboards
* Conduct research into data issues and reports as required
* Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing data source systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
* Collaborate in the planning, development, and deployment of new data solutions, and enhancements to existing data solutions and dashboards
* Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
* Design, implement and document best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
* Build ourReporting and Analysisteam from the ground up, including recruiting, managing and developing talent and advancing best practices and methodologies for the department overall
* Serve as Product Owner for our Business Intelligence platform and related systems and processes
* Partner with change management and support resources to drive adoption of new BI solutions across the business by identifying findings and presenting recommendations to business leaders on opportunities to drive results and improve decision-making
* Act as data steward for business unit, championing data management, governance, and quality, and leading initiatives to improve processes, controls and standards around our data and its business value
* BA/BS is required, Business/Computer Science/IT or related field is preferred
* 5+ years in a Business Intelligence Lead or data solutions lead role required
* Proven record of strategic thought leadership and ability to drive results
* Success motivating and influencing partners and stakeholders, both internal and external
* Excellent communicator with superior verbal, written, technical and presentation skills
* Ability and comfort in influencing across all levels of the Company, including executive lea...