CDS Life Transitions Ceramics Specialist in Webster, New York
Provides 1:1 and group pottery and ceramics activities and training to program participants. Functions as an interdisciplinary team member and ensures compliance with all applicable agency and OPWDD standards, policies, and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provides 1:1 and group pottery and
ceramic activities and training to
• Provides training on use of the
• Coordination of art shows on an as
• Manages and coordinates the
consignment sales of the artists and
the art Co-Op funds.
• Assist support specialists facilitate
and coordinate art activities.
• Conduct daily checks of kiln, and
other pottery and ceramic
equipment for safety and
• Attend biweekly TC/Clinical
• Regular review of ceramic/pottery
inventory and submission of
requests for equipment and supplies
to program manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Basic knowledge of how to use and
care for kiln and other ceramics
• Ability to work independently and
• Ability to communicate effectively,
both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience:
• Documented training and
experience with pottery/ceramics.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. dead
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must meet applicable Vehicle
• Adhere to all CDS Life Transitions,
Inc. and affiliates policies and
• Adhere to the Agency Mission,
Vision, Shared Values, and
Customer Service Standards.
• Attend mandatory education and
training modules as scheduled;
obtain and maintain required
• Maintain all required
certifications/training by State
regulations and CDS policy
• Act as a professional representative
of CDS Life Transitions, Inc. and
affiliates in regards to appearance,
communication, language, and
CDS Life Transitions is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, citizenship, military or veteran status, gender expression and/or identity, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, skills, required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the direction of the employer.