Acco Brands Tabbing Assistant in Sidney, New York
Come join the Home of Great Brands, Built by Great People - We are searching for the next great addition to our team!
Come work for an industry leading, worldwide company that has been providing jobs in our local community for over 70 years! ACCO Brands is one of the world's largest suppliers of school supplies and office products - companies, students, teachers, parents and business professionals alike in more than 100 countries use our products each day. We look forward to continuing our tradition by hiring a motivated individual as a Tabbing Assistant. This position is responsible for the operation of the automatic tabbing machines, embossers and tab setters as required. The current openings are on all shifts and Interested applicants must be available to cover any shift.
- Responsible to meet and maintain all established production, quality and safety standards.
- Support and maintain lean process changes as they occur to ensure sustainability of these initiatives
- Assist crews and other operators to ensure high productivity and quality.
- Completes all paperwork associated with the position.
- Responsible for housekeeping/recycling in his/her work area.
- Operates automatic tabbing machines, embossers and tab setters as required.
- Performs minor machine adjustments.
- Program machine based on tabbed product needed and configuration.
- Feed sheets into machines and remove tabbed fillers.
- Check for quality of the output based on set parameters.
- Must be available for overtime when requested.
- Must demonstrate safe work habits while performing job functions.
- Will generally operate more than one machine during a shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Six (6) months of continuous employment with the same employer is required.
- Previous manufacturing and/or distribution experience in a paper converting manufacturing facility is preferred.
- Previous experience with tabbing machines, embossers and tab setters preferred.
- Must be able to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- Evidence of excellent attendance.
- Evidence of good working relationship with other employees.
- Must be team oriented, quality and safety conscious.
- Required to work with minimal supervision.
- Evidence of good mechanical aptitude is desired.
- Good hand/eye coordination required.
- Basic math and documentation skills required.
- Must be able to read and use measuring tools.
- Local Candidates only
ACCO Brands markets products in over 100 countries across the globe through our own sales force and distribution networks.
As one of the world’s largest suppliers of school supplies and office products we pride ourselves in reaching the world on a daily basis with our products. Companies, students, teachers, parents and business professionals alike in more than 100 countries use our products each day. Here at ACCO Brands, we’re proud of our more than 100 years of industry leadership and innovation, and we’re focused on delivering exceptional value for our shareholders and customers by providing unique, leading-edge, branded office products. We look forward to continuing our tradition by hiring talented individuals guided by a spirit of innovation.
Our industry-leading brands and products include AT-A-GLANCE® and Day-Timer®, Five Star®, GBC®, Hilroy®, Kensington®, Marbig, Mead®, Quartet®, Rexel, Swingline®, Tilibra®, Wilson Jones and many others.
This opening is at our Sidney, New York facility. Local candidates only.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.