Veolia North America Project Manager in Schenectady, New York
Responsible for supervising a team(s) of field employees in providing services to clients that result in the safe disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
This includes: manifesting, packaging, spill clean-up response and remedial activities, labeling, loading, off-loading. Coordinating transportation, and sampling/profiling material while adhering to state and federal environmental, health, and safety regulations.
Provides guidance and training to all field service employees. Prepares project estimates, proposals, and assists with contract preparation.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
* Computer proficiency
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
* Strong customer service orientation
* Possess ability to follow through on projects to completion.
* Complete knowl edge and understanding of contract provisions and terms.
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills
* Ability to create & prepare reports as necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
* BS in Chemistry or BA in related science discipline or equivalent work experience required
* Knowledge of DOT/EPA and OSHA regulations required
* 5 to 7 years of hazardous waste experience required
* 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
* A valid Drivers License is required
* Ability to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (Class A or B) is required.
* 40-hour HAZWOPER Training