Gilbane Building Company Project Executive in Rochester, New York
5056-244 Job Description
At Gilbane we're building more than buildings, we're helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we've built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees' education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people's lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family - you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Project Executive is the on-site representative of the Company responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of complex education based construction-management project; as well as mentoring multiple Project Managers and Engineers.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Project Executive typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct and supervise work of project administration, project superintendents, and engineers to establish operational priorities and maintain satisfactory relationships with owners, subcontractors, unions, etc.
- Enforce project reporting requirements
- Manage critical issues
- Assume overall accountability for jobsite safety and quality
- BS OR MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Experience with K-12 construction projects is expected
- 10-15 years in the lead role on projects valued at $100 million or larger
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical and communication skills are critical
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of Prolog, Microsoft Office (preferred)
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Rochester, New York, United StatesPosition Type
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.