Consigli Construction Co., Inc. Superintendent (Pleasant Valley, NY) in Pleasant Valley, New York
Superintendent (Pleasant Valley, NY)
Pleasant Valley, NY
Regular Full Time
Interested in an outstanding opportunity to become part of a team with a stellar reputation as a community engaged Employer of Choice* Consigli Construction Co., Inc. (Consigli) is a fourth generation, family owned company, and we are hiring!
Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Globe, the Boston Business Journal, the Hartford Business Journal, and MaineBiz, our culture draws raw talent from college intern to seasoned veteran with substantial years of experience in their field. We credit empowerment, innovation and thinking great for our continual growth and success. Most importantly, we are thankful for our employees and are proud to have one of the most exciting project portfolios in the business.
Reports to: General Superintendent
Consigli Construction NY is seeking a Project Superintendent who will be responsible for the daily coordination and direction of the project so that it is safe, within budget, on schedule, meets the company's quality standards, and meets the customer's satisfaction. This position will report to the General Superintendent and will work together with the Project Manager. The right candidate for this position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
* Administer project safety program to maintain a safe and healthy work environment;
* Develop and implement a site specific safety plan for each project assigned;
* Supervise construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design;
* Thoroughly understand owner requirements, contract plans, contract specifications, and submittals;
* Work with project team to set project goals;
* Manage the project quality efforts, insure that all work required by the corporate quality plan is complete and accurate;
* Manage project to meet budget and schedule requirements;
* Assist project manager in developing monthly cost to complete;
* Identify changes in the field, authorize field change requests, provide all documentation required to insure compensation for all work performed;
* Approve all subcontractor requisitions;
* Supervise all scheduling efforts;
* Manage the project to meet schedule requirements including tracking progress against important dates, periodic communication of schedule requirements, and weekly subcontractor meetings;
Desired Skills and Experience:
* OSHA 30 Hour training;
* Thorough knowledge of Corporate Safety Program;
* Working knowledge of CPM schedule;
* Working knowledge of cost report and labor production report;
* Thorough knowledge of corporate quality program;
* Thorough knowledge of subcontract language;
* Ability to work with and manage multiple people;
* Excellent oral communication skills;
* Basic computer knowledge;
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Consigli provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Employer's Job# 2017-CCI-040
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.