Ferro Corporation Applied Technical Service Engineer in Penn Yan, New York
Welcome to Ferro's External Career Site
Pursuing novel ways to solve challenges is what drives the people of Ferro. Its what makes us a leading functional coatings and color solutions provider with worldwide reach. Its what makes us a career destination for the brightest minds. And its why were trusted by customers to be a catalyst for achieving exceptional performance.
Our values center on customer focus, accountability, innovative thinking, and collaboration. These values are core to the way we operate around the world, and we believe they fuel our success.
Were always looking for new associates to join our team of innovative thinkers, committed to delivering performance and helping us achieve our vision.
Job DescriptionProduct development engineer and technical support engineer for Fast Oxide and STI polishing slurries as well as related stop-on-nitride and stop-on-polysilicon additives products.
Responsibilities Related to the Job:
- As a key member of product development teams consisting of scientists and technicians for next generation Fast Oxide and STI polishing products as well as related stop-on-nitride and stop-on-polysilicon additives products.
- Responsible for developing optimized CMP processes and engineering data packs for next generation products.
- Serve as field technical support engineer at customer sites for Fast Oxide and STI polishing products as well as related stop-on-nitride and stop-on-polysilicon additives products.
- Supervise technicians for laboratory tasks.
- Interact on a daily basis with the R& D team members and frequently with the Operations team, Commercial team, and external customers.
- Maintain compliance with Ferros Code of Business Conduct, policies and procedures, management systems, and all applicable Environmental, Health, Safety other regulations
- Act according to the Ferros Values & Behaviors
Required Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Masters degree in chemical engineering, ceramic engineering, material science and engineering, or microelectronic engineering and at least 2 years of experience working in semiconductor CMP industry; or BS degree in chemical engineering, ceramic engineering, material science and engineering, or microelectronic engineering and at least 4 years of experience working in semiconductor CMP industry.
- Technical skills and knowledge in semiconductor polishing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members.
- Strong ability in preparation of technical presentations and present to customers.
Require to travel domestically and internationally. About 15-25% travel time.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and lead the product development team to successfully complete assigned product development projects.
- Ability to carry out efficient communication with product development team members as well as internal and external customers.
- A goal-getter with good energy to drive to success.
U.S. Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
LocationUS - Penn Yan, NY
It is the policy of Ferro to promote equal opportunity and access in all matters affecting employment with the Company. Ferro is committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable law. This policy shall be applied to each facility of the Company.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO