Veolia North America Facilities Technician in Pearl River, New York
The Veolia Pearl River Utilities Operations Maintenance Department is looking to hire a Facilities Technician to join its team. A candidate must possess at a minimum, a high school diploma with 2-3 years’ work experience in a utilities plant (steam and chiller) or similar industrial environment. The campus is a 256 acre site with multiple work locations.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for performing a variety of routine cleaning, maintenance and site support activities in site steam, chiller and associated water, storm and sanitary distribution systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform job duties in a safe manner compliant with policies, procedures and practices.
* Maintain a safe, neat and clean work environment this includes: work area and equipment.
* Monitor and record operating conditions observations and data in area shift log
* Verify and report suspected malfunc tions and variances to supervisor or designee and takes corrective actions. Performs routine and preventative maintenance and other tasks as assigned.
* Perform housekeeping as required.
* Operate vehicles for plant operational purposes.
* Perform grab and go field tests
* Comply with appearance and dress policies to ensure a safe and professional work environment.
* Wear personnel protective equipment (PPE) as defined by policy regulation, work practices, customer or as directed.
* Model professional behavior at all times; report to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to work.
* Ability to work independently with limited direction.
* Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
* Commitment to promoting and creating a safety culture and positive work environment.
* Perform other job duties as requested to support the business operations.
* High School education or equivalent with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Must have the ability to perform basic math equations.
* 2 - 3 year experience in an industrial/utilities environment preferred
* Must demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment, etc.)
* Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record.
* Able to read and understand instructions in English
* Able to pass drug screens, physical and criminal background check
* Proficient with a PC, ability to learn software.
* Frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
* Able to sit periodically and for extended periods of tim e, climb ladders/stairs, reach below knees and above shoulders, kneel and crawl to access work areas.
* Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, and ability to reach forward and grasp.
* Ability to balance and walk on wet and slick surfaces, metal grates, narrow platforms, and uneven surfaces.
* Ability to work in loud, cold, heat, wet or dry environments; inside or outside
* Ability to wear a full and half face respirator.
* Able to occasional work in confined spaces and enter and exit industrial vehicles.
Veolia North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.