Community Bank Systems Inc. Credit - Intern - Olean in Olean, New York
Hours/Week: 20 Hours Location: US:NY:Olean
The Commercial Credit Department works hand-in-hand with the Commercial Lending Team to prepare underwriting documents used as the framework for making prudent lending decisions. The Credit Department Intern will be offered a variety of learning experiences including one-on-one mentoring from Analysts, Supervisors and Managers, learning banking regulations that govern commercial lending, as well as learning Income Statement and Balance Sheet analysis techniques. Interns that are highly motivated and strong performers will better ready themselves for regular employment opportunities upon graduation.
- Prepare financial spreadsheets on existing or potential borrowers using accountant- prepared or company- prepared financial statements and tax returns.
- Prepare Line of Credit extensions and small loan requests for approval.
- Work with experienced Credit Underwriters to assist them in completing loan requests for approval.
- Maintain Credit files.
- Assist in populating the Commercial Credit Track system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of, and demonstrate ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to this position, ensure ongoing adherence to pertinent policies, procedures, and internal controls, and meet all job-specific training requirements in a timely fashion.Essential Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree with some College
Education Equivalent Experience: Currently enrolled in a 4 year business program with a minimum of 6 credit hours of accounting coursework completed.
Skills: Analytical, Attention to Detail, Excel, Financial Analysis, Interpersonal, Math, Professionalism, Reading, Verbal Communication, Word & Written Communication.
This position is also responsible to provide assistance wherever necessary to help the Credit Administration Department and the Bank in achieving their annual goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, user hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and speak and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to focus.
Human Resources Contact: Valeri M. Erlandson
Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.