Elderwood Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant in North Creek, New York
Requisition ID 2018-3319
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 2018-03-13
Area of Interest Therapy
Location US-NY-North Creek
Position Type Regular Full-Time
North Creek,NY - 82 bed Skilled Nursing Facility
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant staff members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services.
Responsible for carrying out occupational therapy treatments as developed and recommended by a Registered Occupational Therapist.Works in Occupational Therapy Room and other facility areas. Subject to bending, walking, kneeling and other physical activity throughout the day; direct contact and communication with residents; and potential for exposure to body fluids and infectious conditions of residents.
- * Assists the Director Occupational Therapy in planning, developing and carrying out
- * Helps create group therapy programs which are mentally and physically stimulating to residents; prepares and presents individual and group projects appropriate for the confused, blind, deaf and physically handicapped resident.
- * Writes observations of resident's behavior and progress in Progress Notes.
- * Maintains attendance records and other departmental reports; enters treatment record in Medical Record Chart.
- * Assists Director Occupational Therapy in the training and supervision of Occupational Therapy Aides and students assigned to the facility for clinical experience.
- * Attends Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan review meetings.
- * Assists with departmental in-service programs upon request.
- * Completes MDS+ assessment form as required.
- * Inventories supplies; assists with keeping area in good order and daily sanitation of equipment.
- * Attends in-service training programs, and departmental meetings as required.
- * Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
- * Performs other duties as assigned by Director Occupational Therapy.
- * Performs all job duties according to safety rules and practices required for this job position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
- * Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this job position, and for all staff members of this facility.
- * New York State Department of Education Certification and license to practice as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in New York State required.
- * Ability to relate well to residents and enjoy working with the elderly people necessary.
- * Tact and diplomacy; ability to develop good relationships with residents, staff and students required.
- * Ability to inspire and motivate others and create a warm, and accepting climate for residents necessary.
- * Maturity, stability, leadership qualities and willingness to accept responsibilities required.
- * Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
- * Physical stamina for constant activity required.
- * Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
- * Current CPR Certification
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.