Tectonic Engineering & Surveying Consultants, P.C. Construction Inspectors/Technicians in Newburgh, New York
TECTONIC is currently seeking certified Construction Inspectors/Technicians to work on projects within the Jersey City, NJ area.
The essential duties and responsibilities in this position include:
• Traveling to various field project sites;
• Monitoring construction operations;
• Collecting samples of materials as needed, and when applicable,
• Utilizing field testing equipment to determine compliance with project plans, specifications, and industry standards;
• Reviewing approved plans, specifications, and submittals for inspection requirements;
• Compliance with inspection requirements in accordance with the applicable code, approved plans, and specifications;
• Processing daily field reports and inspection reports and following procedures for notification of discrepancies; and
• Communicating with project managers, colleagues, and contractors as required.
Testing procedures and inspections may include conducting field testing and sampling of concrete in accordance with ASTM standard procedures, conducting in-place density testing of soils and/or asphalt using testing equipment assisting with conducting coring operations with concrete and/or asphalt. Inspections for more experienced technicians may also include performing structural masonry inspections, soils sampling and inspection, and steel inspection.
• Candidates should possess a HS Diploma/equivalent as well as one or more of the certifications listed below:
o American Concrete Institute (ACI) Concrete Construction Special Inspector and/or Concrete Field Testing Technician;
o Precast Concrete Institute (PCI) Level I and/or Level II;
o Hot Mix Asphalt Density Testing Inspector/ NETTCP HMA Plant Technician;
• Ability to complete OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety and Health Training within a reasonable period of time following commencement of employment;
• Ability to review and understand industry standards, plans, and specifications and recognize deficiencies;
• Ability to effectively communicate with supervisors, clients, contractors, and inspectors regarding specifications and qualification test results;
• Ability to record project data and complete required field inspection reports and documentation;
• Requires a valid, acceptable driver’s license and transportation to travel to project sites, as regular daily travel is required.
In addition to providing competitive salaries, TECTONIC offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
• Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
• Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
• Tuition reimbursement
• Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
• Company-observed paid holidays
• Short and long-term disability coverage
• Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
• 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. TECTONIC participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.