RR Donnelley Web Portal Reengineering Project Manager in New York, New York
Tracking Code38989 Job Description
The RRD Global Outsourcing Solutions group is looking for a contingent Web Portal Reengineering Project Manager to join our team. This will be a project-based assignment for an undetermined duration.
The Business and Branch Management (BBM) team is a part of the wider Global Corporate Services division and the mission is to unify the diverse Corporate Services functions to enhance organisational effectiveness enabling us to deliver superior service, drive effective BU client relationships and to provide Corporate Services leadership at branch and regional office locations.
BBM is responsible for the Corporate Services strategy, finance, talent development & communications technology, office services, branch management and risk initiatives.
- Support the Global Corporate Services BBM Talent and Communications team manage the project to redesign the current internal client-facing Corporate Services web portal from TWiki to Jive.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Accomplishes project objectives by establishing project scope; designing and delivering solutions; coordinating with Corporate Services functional leads and team members.
- Establishes project scope by studying strategic business drivers; discovering and validating business and technical requirements and parameters; obtaining input from subject-matter experts
- Manage resource allocation on multiple concurrent functional team project timelines, planning for shifting project schedules along the way.
- Develops solutions by formulating objectives; planning project life-cycle deliverables and resource availability and application
- Implements solution by monitoring project progress; tracking action items; conducting design and implementation reviews; examining, researching, and resolving issues; escalating issues to appropriate authority; responding to team members' concerns; coordinating requirements with interested departments.
- Assures quality solution by developing and completing test plans; maintaining project and technical documentation.
- Work with Corporate Communications and Creative Resources teams to ensure consistency with Firm standards
- Train functional team leads on Firm standard template for basic "self-service" development of Jive spaces, where applicable
Provide project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- 10+ years' experience as a project manager; technology projects preferred
- Experience with website development/enhancement (external or internal) preferable
- Demonstrate an attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Be proactive and responsive in a dynamic business environment
- Good written and spoken communication skills (interaction with regional counterparts required)
- Ability to multi-task responsibilities while cognizant of deadlines
Software skills preferred:
- Jive Software
- TWiki application
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Job LocationNew York, New York, United StatesPosition TypeTemporary
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company’s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.