Cornell University Temporary - IT Support Assistant IV - NYC ILR IT Support Associate - NYC Extension Office in New York, New York
The ILR School is seeking a temporary one-year, until 3/31/2019, IT Support Assistant located in the New York City ILR Extension Division.
This temporary position will provide information technology support for the ILR School NYC Outreach Office and Conference Center facility. Additionally, position will provide yearlong IT project support preparing for office move in late 2018.
This position provides systems support to the faculty and staff of the ILR NYC Offices and Conference Center. Responsible in whole or in-part for the installation, management, maintenance and upgrades of all information technology specific equipment in computers/computer-related devices, multi-function print devices, wiring, security/access control systems and digital signage hardware support. Coordinate support with ILR Technology Services and NYC Conference Center staff. Maintain and assist with the development and modification of procedures and policies related to the use of information technology systems and software in support of ILR NYC applications.
Monitor financial activity and oversee purchasing and daily operations for NYC technology. Manage external vendor relationships for technology infrastructure.
Assist with the development on internal policies for managing computer replacement cycles, inventory maintenance, classroom technical issues and other tasks as assigned.
More information about the ILR School can be obtained at our web site, http: //www.ilr.cornell.edu
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience with IT support and technical customer service
- Three to four years of experience in office technical support administration, customer service and data security
- Demonstrated experience working in collaboration with a team as an effective team member
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse clientele
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends, when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Organizational skills and attention to detail is critical
- Exercise good judgment and logic to anticipate and solve problems independently
- Proven experience in handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- High level of attention to detail required
- Experience dealing with clients and vendors
- Extensive knowledge of assorted software packages including Window's X OS, IOS, Adobe, Zoom VTC, and other productivity and infrastructural applications
- Minimum six years of experience with various computer software applications
- A Certification for computer repair
- Experience working with Union environments and vendors
- Experience with classroom technologies and supporting Video Teleconferencing Hardware and Software
- Experience with training users on new technologies
No relocation assistance or visa sponsorship provided for this position.
Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter describing qualifications on-line at http: //www.ohr.cornell.edu/jobs under staff positions section.
When applying through our system, please remember to attach resume and cover letter in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the 'Drop Files Here' box to manually drag document(s) into your application. For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please click here as an external candidate or click here if you are an internal candidate .
This is a temporary full-time, non-academic staff, benefits eligible opportunity in New York City at the ILR office at 16 East 34th Street.
University Job Title:
Temp Serv Clerk
No Grade - Hourly
Pay Rate Type:
Number of Openings:
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your Home dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
Online Submission Guidelines:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by "dragging and dropping" them into the dropbox or by using the "upload" icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University's Office of Workforce Policy and Labor Relations at voice (607) 254-7232, fax (607) 255-0298, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8: 30 a.m. - 4: 30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by clicking here . This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO