Crowe Horwath Tax Resource Manager in New York, New York
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe Horwath LLP, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today's complex business issues. Crowe's accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their dedication to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our dedication to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a "Best Place to Work." We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
Tax Resource Manager - Assistant Director
A highly visible position requiring the ability to interact with executives and staff at all levels. The ability to balance the Business Unit (BU) needs with the needs of the professional staff is critical to this position. This position is responsible for at least 200 client-service staff professionals, reports to the Tax Resource Management Lead, and has a supervisory role over at least one Resource Manager. The person in this position is a member of the Tax Operations team.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting multiple locations and working virtually with Regional Leaders and teams. This individual will work closely with the Resource Management Team and the Resource Management Lead on both strategic projects as well as tactical execution of the Tax Business Unit agenda.
- Oversee and direct the scheduling effort within the geographical business.
- Conduct monthly meetings with local leadership, building a strategic partnership that helps them run their practice.
- Assess technical skills of resources to determine overall staffing models within each market and per the client base.
- Resolve scheduling conflicts, escalated by other Resource Managers.
- Lead scheduling meetings with partner and manager groups.
- Monitor and manage regional productivity and deployment on an ongoing basis.
- Review and analyze capacity to facilitate increased productivity and utilization of each market within the Region and the Tax practice. Make on-going strategic recommendations to leadership based on findings.
- Evaluate business financial statements, coordinate the forecasting of anticipated future results and implement/support processes to obtain these results.
- Translate current and future business needs to develop an integrated strategic workforce plan.
- Partner with other groups on a Tax-wide and firm-wide basis regarding resource needs.
Resource Development and Support
- Assist in the integration and onboarding of campus and experienced hires.
- Coordinate overall workforce planning for geographic areas, including an understanding of hiring needs (both campus and experienced) and areas for learning and development.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process for geographic areas.
- Assist with the bi-annual performance management meetings for geographic areas.
- Serve as a staff advocate, being available to staff for issues they do not feel comfortable addressing with their career coach or other leadership.
- Work directly with local leadership and Tax People Operations Lead on all people-related matters.
- Supervise and coach Resource Manager(s) holding a supporting/administrative role.
- Understand external trends and issues in the industry that could potentially impact the business.
- Create work plans/timelines, manage/report on progress and initiate efforts/drive results of large projects.
- Manage and lead through business, technology and organizational changes.
- Team with firm-wide peers, sharing and implementing best practices.
- Gain deep knowledge of the people and organizational needs, diagnose issues and recommend solutions to complex challenges.
- Bachelor's degree is required (accounting or finance is preferred).
- 5 to 7 years practice management experience in a service industry.
- Public accounting experience is preferred.
- Proven ability to successfully manage offices and/or people remotely.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business operations.
- Strong technical skills, easily adaptable to new technologies, strong Microsoft excel skills (including v-lookups and pivot tables)
- Travel is required, as this position covers markets outside of the home base location.
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you!How You Can Grow:
We will cultivate your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and aspirations. Learn more about where talent can prosper!
Visit Crowe Careers to find out how you can grow your career and make an impact every day!More about Crowe Horwath:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.EEO
Crowe Horwath LLP () is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of "Building Value with Values," Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.