Wachter Structured Cabling Service Technician in New York, New York
Wachter is currently seeking a lead technician for service and special installation projects. Candidate should have experience with data, voice, video, alarm, and paging systems. Looking for a motivated self starter who can work independently and find solutions to get jobs done. Long term employment with an array of benefits for the right person. Pay will be based on experience.
Establishes communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
* Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
* Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarm and fire suppression systems; building ironwork and ladder racks; establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; coordinating with contractors.
* Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
* Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
* Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network backup procedures; updating documentation.
* Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
* Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Any industry specific certifications a huge plus (BICSI, Systimax, Panduit, Beldon, Corning)
* Great communication skills; verbal and written
* Excellent customer relationship skills
* Computer/laptop proficiency
* Highly proficient with use of email, spreadsheets, and databases (Microsoft office programs )
* Ability to meet company requirements in regard to driving record and background screen.
* Flexible, willing to work on call, day or night shift as jobs require.