Capital One Services, LLC Sr. Product Manager - Commercial Bank - Launchpad in New York, New York
Job ID: R4410911 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Product Manager - Commercial Bank - Launchpad
We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to mentor and lead a team of product managers in building new digital capabilities for Capital One Commercial Banking.
Want to launch innovative B2B digital & data products? Deeply familiar with the range of creative problem-solving skills required to solve complex business challenges? Looking for an opportunity to teach other product managers to better utilize leading-edge technology, human-centered design and agile methods?
If so, you may be the next Product Manager to drive the digital agenda for Capital One Commercial Banking.
Capital One's Digital Commercial Banking team is defining the roadmap for the bank's overall digital strategy, designing new early stage products and services, and accelerating delivery through innovative methods and technologies. We are a high-tech company and an innovation laboratory within the only founder-led top 10 bank in the U.S.
Product Managers play a critical role in achieving our strategy. They lead teams of designers, engineers, data scientists and analysts to define product strategy and develop, launch, and enhance products and services that drive our business forward.
We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration. We're looking for equally passionate, energetic, multi-disciplinary Product Managers. People who are as comfortable with a sharpie as a spreadsheet. People who focus on outcomes, not just output.
What will you do?
- Partner with business leaders and users to identify opportunities for new digital capabilities and products that transform our client and associate's work
- Mentor and lead a team of 4-5 product managers through the full lifecycle of product development (research, prototype, test, and build)
- Work in a hands-on, collaborative environment with top designers, engineers, data scientists, and analysts to build breakthrough experiences and products
- Define project communication, governance and collaboration routines that ensure we are maximizing validated learning and impact
- Manage project assignments and set up new cross-functional teams
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Strong understanding of Commercial Banking or a B2B vertical industry, such as commercial real estate, healthcare or energy
- A bias to action and a demonstrated record inventing and launching successful products
- Project leadership and management experience in an Agile environment
- Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies and how they are used to empower developers and businesses to deliver great products.
- Grounding in human-centered design with a natural empathy for users
- Strategic thinking and an ability to effectively identify opportunities for growth in new businesses and markets
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Structured communication & storytelling skills with all audiences
- Significant experience applying analytical rigor to support technology decisions
- Strong people management and mentorship skills
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of agile digital product management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
- 4+ years translating business strategy and data analysis into digital products
- 5+ years of experience leading agile teams to launch B2B or consumer web and mobile products
- 5+ years of experience in commercial banking or other financial services
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.