American Express Sr. Manager – Business Development & Strategy in New York, New York
Merchant Services – Americas (MSA) is making American Express “Welcomed Everywhere and Used Every Day.” The business focuses on high growth and relationships in the U.S. Small Merchants segment. Through innovative programs like OptBlue and growing relationships with payment facilitators like Square, MSA is transforming how American Express is accepted and welcomed.
As Senior Manager of Partner Acquisition Business Development & Strategy, you will be responsible for driving business development and sales activities that will continue to grow our merchant coverage and activation with our third party acquiring relationships. You will create and deliver on strategies to propel American Express to parity coverage in the U.S., with an emphasis on driving communication and event marketing channels. This role is for an ambitious self-starter who is comfortable working within ambiguous parameters in a dynamic organization.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement strategies for achieving U.S. parity coverage through key third party channels, particularly in industries with historically low perceptions of merchant acceptance
- Partner with Small Merchant Marketing team to optimize partner and merchant communication channels
- Develop and execute the team’s strategy for event marketing and sales engagement efforts for trade shows and conferences
- Build expertise in emerging payment models and acquiring trends to inform proactive AXP acquisition strategy
- Design and execute initiatives to grow AXP merchant activation rates with third party partners
Identify and evaluate new revenue and partnership opportunities with third party partners and payment aggregators
Demonstrated skill working with cross-functional teams to bring marketing campaigns from concept to completion
- Passion for delivering the optimal user experience and established ability to approach challenges with an eagerness to uncover new opportunities
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to work under pressure, navigate through ambiguity, and balance multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence senior leaders
- Analytical thought leader with track record of delivering high-quality work in a structured, methodical manner
- High degree of accountability and integrity
- Keen attention to detail
- Professional experience in digital marketing, event marketing, strategy, or business development preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Role is for candidates based in NYC or willing to relocate
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Title: Sr. Manager – Business Development & Strategy
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 18003264