Capital One Services, LLC Senior Product Manager in New York, New York
Job ID: R3923311 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Product Manager
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches fifty+ millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaborations and delivers great consumer experiences.
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! At Capital One, we're looking for a few self-driven technologists to work as a Product Managers in our Card product group. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You'll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are jamming with our designers or communicating with our analytically minded bankers.
Things that might tip us off you're not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- Rasberry Pi looks misspelled
- You have an aversion to denim
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
- Thinking about your money gives you hives
This role will sit with the Paribus team, a start-up recently acquired by Capital One. The incredible opportunity will own the ability to deliver a transformative product to tens of millions of people. We're a highly-collaborative engineering-focused team made up of makers, designers and founders.
Paribus started in 2014 with the vision of building and becoming the universally trusted agent of online consumers. To achieve this, we develop software that understands how consumers spend and acts on opportunities to get them their time and money back. Today, over two million customers trust us to save time and money on purchases that they are already making.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer's needs.
- You're going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on web or mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers - and love it.
- Your prior experience will be important because you will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Working with our banking product teams, you'll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- You possess the ability to deliver on those insights by driving product vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core financial products
- You understand how to use tradeoffs between UX patterns, user group served, short and long-term development patterns, timing, and money to deliver the highest value.
- Your bias is towards learning in market. You know what you want to learn, and you are bold enough to use failures.
- Working with our engineering teams, that vision you clearly articulated will need to turn into a simple, intuitive experiences that serves our customer's banking needs
- This position isn't just about delivering the code; though, it's a pretty important part. As a Product Manager, you'll be the General Manager for your product and be accountable for its adoption, performance, and in some cases P&L.
- A great communicator (and can prove it) both written and in person
- Strong vocabulary in design and technical areas
If those things up there sound like you, and you can check the box on these things down here, let's talk. Send us your information and let's see what you have.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience building digital product management
- At least 5years of experience leading cross functional product teams
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree focused on entrepreneurship or product development or corporate innovation or design thinking
- At least 5 years' experience building and launching consumer data applications on web and mobile platforms
- At least 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- At least 2 years of experience with microservices architecture, REST API standards, cloud-based technology, and/or machine learning
- At least 2 years of experience working at a startup, especially with customer user experiences and human centered designs
- At least 2 years of programming skills (automation scripts, data manipulation, sql queries),
- At least 3 years of experience applying analytical rigor to support technology investment decisions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.