The College Board Senior Director, Talent Acquisition in New York, New York
The College Board is conducting a search for a Senior Director, Talent Acquisition, reporting to the Vice President of HR. This position is based in our New York City headquarters .
The College Board is a not for profit organization committed to clearing a path for all students to own their future. Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative education companies in the world, the College Board connects students to college success and opportunity. Each year, the College Board helps more than seven million students prepare for a successful transition to college through programs and services in college readiness and college success - including the SAT and the Advanced Placement Program. The organization also serves the education community through research and advocacy on behalf of students, educators and schools.
The Senior Director, Talent Acquisition leads the College Board's talent acquisition function in alignment with the org anization's strategic goals, values and missions. This individual will oversee the day-to-day management of sourcing, recruitment, and selection operations. The Senior Director develops and executes the College Board's talent strategy, integrating best-in-class approaches to attracting, evaluating and hiring top talent. The Senior Director will manage a team of talent acquisition professionals, including multiple recruiters, a coordinator/Greenhouse administrator, and temporary talent sourcing staff.
* Responsible for building a world class talent acquisition function.
* Develops and executes the College Board's talent acquisition strategy across the organization.
* Integrates innovative and best-in-class approaches to attracting, evaluating and hiring top talent.
* Provides management, coaching, and direction to the talent acquisition team in pursuit of annual goals.
* Builds strong and cooperative relationships with leaders and hiring managers across the organization.
* Ensures positive candidate experience, from application through onboarding.
* With the support of the talent acquisition coordinator, manages enterprise-level applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
* Develops, monitors, and reports on talent acquisition performance metrics to drive improvements in quality and service.
* Manages key enterprise HR programs, including relocation, onboarding, and orientation.
* Leads searches for sel ect open positions.
* Enhances College Board's social media presence.
* Integrates talent acquisition with other areas of HR.
* Manages talent acquisition budget and key vendor relationships.
Required Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 7+ years of professional experience, including 4+ years in talent acquisition.
* 2+ years of progressive team building and oversight.
* Experience leading an organization through change.
* Experience leader enterprise-level talent acquisition function.
* Excellent strategic planning and analytical abilities.
* Familiarity with cutting edge recruitment strategies and sourcing tools.
* Experience using candidate tracking systems to streamline processes and drive toward strategic goals.
* Ability to galvanize employees across the organization around new talent acquisition solutions.
* Deep knowledge of key talent metrics; ability to analyze and draw insights from data.
* Knowledge of state and federal laws/regulations related to talent acquisition.
* Detail orientation with objective approach to candidate evaluation and selection.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, customer service orientation.
* Flexibility and adaptability based on evolving business conditions.
* Committed to advancing equity in education and fostering a culture that reflects this belief.
* Generosity in service of students, colleagues, and partners.
* Command of evidence and technology.
* Getting things done, with a premium on quality and efficiency.
* Be a great boss.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, health and pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to clearing a path for all students to own their future. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.