Sun Communities Resort Maintenance Technician in New York, New York
Resort Maintenance Technician
Jellystone at Birchwood Acres (JBA)
WORK CAMPING WITH SUN RV RESORTS
What could be better than earning a living while traveling the US in your RV? Sun RV Resort's Work Camper program enables you to do just that! Combine taking part in the exciting lifestyle of RV camping with working part time as a member of our team. As an added benefit to all of the great perks associated with joining our team, working as a Work Camper earns you additional rebates, which are applied to your site ledger each month, for all hours worked.
Opportunities are available at our Northern resorts during summer months and at our Southern resorts in the fall and winter. No matter what atmosphere you like, or where you want to travel, we'll have a resort you're sure to enjoy.
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you a maintenance professional who is looking for a dynamic and growing organization that will both challenge and reward you? We are looking for a Resort Maintenance Technician to provide a full range of maintenance and repair services for one of our resorts.
Resort Maintenance Technicians perform routine and preventative maintenance to maintain the physical integrity of Sun's resorts. They conduct home/building maintenance repairs and are responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of property grounds, facilities, streets, equipment, and various utility systems. Resort Maintenance Technicians provide excellent customer service to prospective and current guests and residents at all times, and may assist with site setups to ensure timely arrivals and departures of resort guests and residents.
* Complete routine maintenance and minor repairs to rental homes, facilities, and streets as needed.
* Complete checklists of physical condition of resort sites prior to and after guest occupancy.
* Ensure common area lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat for weeds, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut and remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions, and perform other lawn care services as necessary.
* Ensure resort is presentable and inviting at all times, and that it adheres to Sun's curb appeal standards.
* Ensure trash/debris is picked up daily from common areas and streets on a daily basis. Empty common area trash containers as needed.
* Clean resort amenities which may include clubhouses, tennis courts, pickle ball courts, resort offices, restrooms, laundry areas, bath houses, and maintenance garage.
* Maintain vacant sites, including strap-downs and removal of trash and debris.
* Assist manager with supervision of service contractors.
* Inspect irrigation system regularly to ensure it is working properly, repairs as necessary.
* Inspect playground area and equipment, pool/spa area, and other recreational amenities to ensure everything is in good condition, making minor repairs as needed.
* Ensure all resort streets and public access routes are free of hazards.
* Maintain resort pool(s), test chemical levels, and adjust appropriately, where applicable.
* Maintain resort vehicles and equipment.
* Follow safety procedures while performing duties, including safely operating vehicles when moving from site to site and picking up supplies.
* Other duties and special projects as assigned.
* High School Education (some HS education required)
* Previous maintenance experience in a campground or RV resort, preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general maintenance techniques and repair work
* Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
* Valid driver's license and good driving record
* General knowledge of janitorial work, plumbing, electrical, and grounds maintenance
* Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, and commercial machinery
* Ability to provide legible written reports
* Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
* Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and internet
* Availability to respond to resort needs during non-business hours while on-call
AS A WORK CAMPER, YOU WILL
* Receive a welcome kit with detailed information about being a Sun RV Resorts Work Camper
* Earn wages for the work you perform
* Earn rebates that are applied towards your site rent
* Earn free rent for referring other Work Campers who get hired
* Take part in exciting activities and events
* Gain access to purchase Work Camper gear and our seasonal Work Camper t-shirt
* Help our team offer an outstanding array of amenities, wonderful planned events, spacious social facilities and dedicated on-site customer service focused on maximizing the enjoyment our guests' visits