New York Life Insurance Co QA SAP Specialist in New York, New York
New York Life Insurance Company (New York Life or the company) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Lifes surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moodys Aaa; Standard & Poors AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanitythe values upon which New York Life was foundedhave guided the companys decisions and actions for over 170 years.
* The QA SAP specialist is accountable and responsible for creating, facilitating the cross-team review and approval of, and maintaining on an ongoing basis the overall test strategy and plan that will drive and govern the execution of a specific program, project or initiative.
* The QA SAP specialist is also responsible for detailing test types, test phases and correlating entrance and exit criteria, key test conditions/scenarios, timing, sequencing, and dependencies.
* TheQA SAP specialist will work with testing resources in successfully completing the development and execution of detailed test cases/scripts, and developing test data requirements.
* TheQA SAP specialist works with theQM Centerof Excellence (TCoE) to ensure effective implementation and usage of Test Management processes, deliverablesand tools for all assignments.
* TheQA SAP specialist will lead the QA Test analysts in an on-shore/off-shore model. Must have ability to overcome challenges in working distributed environment, and being key point of constact for all Qa aspects of a release
* Performs process and requirements analysis to develop comprehensive test strategies, test cases, test scripts, and test data requirements for complex projects and changes that typically involve multiple transactional based systems, feeds and data stores.
* Interfaces effectively with management on organizational testing needs and incorporates feedback into overarching testing strategy
* Leads a team of system testersin an on-shore/off-shore model. Ability to overcome challenges in working distributed and being effective
* Mentors less experience resources, staying current in and maintaining demonstrable knowledge of the business domain, business processes, advanced verification & validation techniques
* Collaborates across disciplines (development, architecture, operations, project management, business partners) to improve communications, advance technical and business knowledge sharing as well as influence process improvements
* Effectively works within Agile Scrum teams, acting as Scrum Master when called uponleads the defect management process; effectively prioritizing defects, determining resolution as well as root cause, providing on-going metrics and trending to aide in determining level of quality and release recommendations
* Effective and proactive resource planning for projects, initiatives, and run the business changes
* Utilizes advanced techniques in effort estimation, strategic and tactical test planning and execution that contributes to meeting the established goals and outcomes including high quality delivery and business value
* Demonstrates and promotes re-usability of test cases
* Collaborates with the QM CoE to continuously improves / advances the QA discipline including processes, procedures, standards, and too...