American Express Manager, Finance in New York, New York
GCS is the American Express team dedicated exclusively to the success of Corporate clients and Small Business Owners (SBOs). This position will focus on products and services designed for SBOs (OPEN). Our growth tools include charge and credit cards, robust online account management capabilities and savings on business products and services from partners. The GCS Product & Strategy Finance Team provides decision support and drives key financial analyses for the Product Management team in the GCS business. This role will interact with key Finance teams across AXP as well as our GCS business partners to help deliver against the strategic and financial objectives. To be successful, the candidate will need to collaborate with the business to help them understand the financial impacts of their decisions as well as provide financial insights that can be used to modify current and future product decisions.
- Provide analytical and decision support to the GCS Charge Product Management teams.
- Analyze product profitability and influence strategic decisions through financial analyses.
- Identify and create analyses that support business decisions that will improve product economics and help leaders move the business forward.
- Partner with the Product Management teams to develop and analyze investment and reengineering opportunities.
- Provide analytical support for investment opportunities related to the Small Business Charge business.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to work with business partners to influence decisions and drive results.
- Knowledge of SQL preferred.
- Strong analytical and modeling capability.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, deliver superior quality products, while adhering to time sensitive deadlines, attention to detail with accuracy.
- Intellectual curiosity, initiative and strong work ethic are essential.
- 4 years of experience.
- MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred. Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Title: Manager, Finance
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 18007286