Macquarie Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets - Emerging Technology and Innovation Operating Partner in New York, New York
RECRUITER: Jean-Philippe Graff
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) the world's largest private equity infrastructure fund manager is offering a director position as an Emerging Technology Operating Partner in private equity infrastructure. The position offers a rare opportunity to join the buy-side team of a global leader in the growing infrastructure sector. As an Operating Partner in the MIRA team, you will work with senior executives across private and public funds focused on infrastructure, real estate, agriculture and energy investments.
Key responsibilities for the role are as follows:
* Evaluate, recommends actions and oversee delivery of emerging technology impact on existing portfolio of companies, including understanding risks and opportunities
* Work closely with deal teams and DD advisers on new acquisitions to help them understand impact of emerging technologies on investment decisions
* Assist with or propose new investable opportunities arising from technology
* Technology subject matter expert educate staff, visible to investors, collaborate / direct internal colleagues
Our culture reflects the high performing talent we employ paired with a unique opportunity for entrepreneurialism. You will possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills, an interest in investing, and the ability to learn new skills quickly in a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
Additionally you have:
* Ability to influence and challenge senior MIRA executives and C suite staff at portfolio companies
* [10+ years] in technology innovation or emerging technology type role (eg Chief Innovation Office, Chief Technology Officer)
* Knowledge of infrastructure, real estate, agriculture and energy sectors
* Strong commercial skills with a deep expertise in relevant emerging technologies such as IoT, machine learning, autonomous vehicles, energy efficient solutions, smart grids and distributed manufacturing
* Established relationships with key market participants, innovators and technology developers
* Previous experience on delivery of core responsibilities (noted above)
* Previous experience within private equity or asset management desired
You will also possess outstanding interpersonal and team-working skills that will enable the development of relationships with senior team members, colleagues and senior executives in portfolio companies and acquisition targets.
We are seeking to fill this role and will progress quickly with potential candidates. Following an introductory phone interview and a first round of initial conversations, candidates will be invited to meet several members of the team in our New York office. Apply now for this exciting opportunity.
In the Americas, MIRA has a well-establish track record and more than $14 billion in equity under management. The investment team, including 40 staff based in New York, is primarily responsible for investing and managing the Macquarie Infrastructure Partners family of funds, Macquarie Infrastructure Company, as well as pursuing new business initiatives.
Globally, MIRA has over 400 experienced professionals in 20 countries. MIRA's sector teams focus on specific investment and asset management opportunities such as airports, utilities, renewable energy, transport, communications infrastructure and toll roads. Their local expertise, knowledge and relationships make them effective managers of MIRA's investments. MIRA is the largest private owner and manager of infrastructure in the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
ADVERTISED: 12 Mar 2018 Eastern Daylight Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities
Employer's Job# MAM-939238
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.