Yeshiva University Casual Staff and Proctor Yeshiva College in New York, New York
|Casual Staff and Proctor Yeshiva College|
|Employee Classification||Temporary and/or Hourly|
|Campus : Location||US-NY-Wilf-Amsterdam Ave & 185th St|
Founded in 1886, (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs over 6,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
The Exam Proctor will keep watch over students during examinations and maintain good order in the examination room(s).
This is a casual hourly position earning $15 per hour
- Confirm exam details and the appropriate manner for testing accommodations with technology, time and space.
- Assist in clarifying test instructions for candidates.
- Check for breaches of test security before, during, and after the exam.
- Offer administrative support for Yeshiva College faculty and Dean's Office during the exam times. This includes obtaining exams from professor or Dean's office, securing the exam, and returning exam to the professor or Dean's Office.
Further, the exam proctor will be responsible for the protection of highly confidential and private documents - maintaining student records, inventory, logs and testing files. He/She will help ensure the University's compliance with ADA regulations as determined by the Office of Disability Service.
- High school diploma required
- 1 year experience
- Bachelor's Degree and demonstrated technology skills (Microsoft Office, typing) preferred
- Excellent time management and organization skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal directly with individuals and groups, both internal and external to the university, and exercise good judgement.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to remain calm when dealing with situations which may involve dissatisfied students, parents or faculty.
- Display/use initiative to perform a variety of exam-related clerical duties which requirie a knowledge and understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures.
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.