Hanesbrands Inc. Associate Designer II in New York, New York
To provide design assistance for all product lines for designated brand(s). Responsibilities include research of competitor and related products, assisting in the development of product specifications, and maintenance of color information for each season. Design concepts that may be mass produced cost effectively.
* Demonstrated creative ability interpreting concept into prototypes.
* Responsible for designing a category or two.
* Prepare presentation boards.
* Independently develop prototype garments
* Independently fit
* Expand creative and technical skills across brand categories.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret design direction (identify potential issues and develop recommended solutions).
* Identify cost-effective product opportunities.
* Manage to a calendar.
* Accountable for maintaining all line sheets.
* Responsible for creating tech packs.
* Adhere to seasonal calendars.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
* BA/BS Degree required or AA Fashion Degree with 7 years of equivalent experience
* Textile Degree a plus
* Excellent communication skills across all management level
* Ability to handle multiple projects in fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated design and creative ability
* Superior computer skills
* Ability to work in a team-environment
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: