Foote, Cone & Belding Editor - Copyeditor in Healthcare Advertising - Area23 in New York City, New York
Editor who can work semi-independently in a promotional agency environment with assigned brand teams to enforce quality control across core editorial functions (editing, factchecking, proofreading). Differs from Senior Editor role in that Editor may not necessarily have launch experience or be equipped to serve as a mentor to other Editorial staff.
* Copyediting, proofreading, and fact checking on assigned accounts as well as other accounts as needed
* Generates and updates style sheets
* Ability to quickly master specifics of assigned accounts and product categories, as well as accommodate multiple assignments effectively
* Helps to enforce OPDP/regulatory guidelines
* Exercises good evaluative and decision-making skills with appropriate follow-up
* Establishes and communicates workload priorities to manager and night staff
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and AMA style
* Some familiarity with FDA compliance mandates for pharma promotions
* Competency in current and relevant computer-related technologies and applications (PDF markup in Adobe Acrobat, electronic routing)
* Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent experience required
* 1 years of editorial experience in an agency environment or similar
Typical hours are 9:00am-5:00pm, but the position may require work beyond those hours, including after hours or weekends, as needed or directed.
Second Shift: Typical hours are 4pmmidnight, but the position may require work beyond those hours, including after hours or weekends, as needed or directed.
All candidates must complete brief copyediting and proofreading tests on site in conjunction with interview.
FOR U.S. JOB SEEKERS
It is the policy of FCB and any of its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.
Employer's Job# 180000P8
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.