Northwell Health Spvr Maint Off-Campus Props in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 001MZ3
Job Category Maintenance
The Supervisor of Maintenance of Off-Campus Properties plays a key role in the health system's duty to ensure the safety of our patients. In this role, you will be responsible for the maintenance of all systems and building structures at off-campus properties in accordance with Federal, State, and Local codes, and regulations. You will also be responsible for supervising maintenance staff, responding to emergency conditions and ensuring a clean, safe and secure environment.
- Performs general maintenance and operations of mechanical systems.
· Inspects locations to insure the proper workings of the plumbing, Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), electrical, carpentry, mechanical and life safety systems.
· Evaluates condition of systems and makes informed decisions in conjunction with the department head as to appropriate corrective measures.
- Oversees preventive maintenance measures.
· Develops preventive maintenance schedules and holds responsibility for their implementation.
· Makes recommendations as to the reduction of costs in operating the HVAC, plumbing, electrical (as allowed by code) and fire safety systems.
- Performs structural repairs.
· Attends to small scale repairs to building structures including: door and lock repair, ceiling repair, floor repair, wall repair, minor caulking, window and sidewalk repair, etc.
· Repairs minor furniture, cabinet or office built-ins.
· Performs work causing as little disturbance as possible to tenants.
· Maintains records of work completed, and notes time spent and materials used.
- Performs supervisory duties.
· Oversees and inspects work in progress of all outside contractors including outside cleaning personnel and security.
· Meets outside contractors at location upon commencement of work and monitor progress and workmanship of job.
- Ensures the proper requisitioning of material and supplies.
· Generates requisitions for supplies and material necessary to the operation of assigned locations.
· Receives materials and documents in accordance with established procedure.
· Maintains small working inventory.
- Assists in the budget process.
· Assists in preparation of the annual operating budget by supplying information on repairs and improvements required at various locations.
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Knowledge of building maintenance/systems and architectural drawings as normally acquired by the completion of related Vocational Training Program, required.
Minimum of three (3) years related experience including leadership responsibility.
Maintains current knowledge of new products, equipment and methods relating to his field.