Fishkill Farms, LLC Agricultural Equipment Operators in Hopewell Junction, New York
5 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 6/12/18-11/25/18.
Drives and operates farm machinery to plant, prune, cultivate, spray, and/or harvest tree fruit and a wide variety of vegetables such as: tomatoes, peppers, and squash. Attach farm implements such as plow, seed drill, and manure spreader to tractor. Drive tractor and operate implements in fields. Make adjustments and minor repairs to machinery. Set up and operate irrigation equipment. Supervise general orchard maintenance and picking. Mix chemical solutions such as pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers. Spray fruit and berry crops. Prune and thin crops. Manually harvest apples, peaches, berries, and other tree fruit.
* A minimum of six months verifiable experience necessary in the aforementioned.
* Once hired, employer may conduct random drug test at employer's expense.
* Lifting requirement of 75 LBS.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures
* Repetitive movements, extensive pushing/pulling, extensive walking and frequent stooping.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.