Moog Inc Sr Systems Engineer in East Aurora, New York
Sr. System Engineer
Imagine a working environment where people trust each other to achieve exceptional things.
Imagine a business that employs over ten thousand of the world's most sought-after engineers and technologists.
Imagine an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
This is the reality of Moog - and you can be part of it.
Moog Inc., was founded in 1951 when Bill Moog had one product and a vision of company culture so strong that it became the foundation of the company that we are today. We operate within a culture of trust and mutual respect, allowing our engineers to collaborate and produce cutting edge technology, as well as aiding our business in the ability to share goals and achieve them together. Our lines of precision motion control technology can be seen at the forefront of military and commercial aircraft markets, space exploration, and oil and gas markets to name a few.
Currently the Space and Defense Group is rapidly growing and in need of a Senior System Design Engineer to add to their team. This individual will be a part of a technology focused division of Moog who are on the cutting edge of the future of Space and Defense. Individual participates in defining the overall technical solution by interfacing directly with project management and design engineers with the goal of providing system level architectures and trade spaces necessary to support the end-users technical, financial and schedule needs. Primary activities include creation of system architecture, performance prediction, system sizing analysis, creating technical requirements baselines and Verification and Validation planning.
The Sr. System Engineer has substantial control over the effectiveness of the overall technical solution (architecture, interfaces and control algorithms) developed to support customer needs. Major responsibilities can include: Definition and management of system requirements, building physics based models of the system and exercising the models over the entire operational environment, facilitating the other design functions thru the decomposition and allocation of requirements and support the integration and test of the resulting system. The Senior System Engineer will guide the system development through their knowledge of the system as a whole, its operational objectives, the subsystem operation and interfaces, and the technical, financial and schedule constraints.
- Create detailed product sizing and performance prediction analysis to support requirements generation for new products through the use of models, simulation and mathematical analysis.
Support the development of system level solution architecture with the assistance of senior level design and system engineers.
- Contribute to product development by creating and executing detailed Verification and Validation plans and procedures for development and qualification testing of components and subsystems. This to include definition of required test equipment.
- Lead the development of component level requirements that are fully traceable to system level requirements. Write specifications to capture these requirements.
- Participate in the integration and test of components and subsystems.
Create concise reports and proposal write-ups that describe the design decisions and analysis results.
- Be a key contributor to the preparation of successful proposals. Contributions to include verification and validation approaches, component level design requirements, requirements compliance assessment, cost estimates and technical write-ups.
- Manage work packages within the established budget and schedule.
Operate as a contributing member of in a team of creative, independent individuals.
Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its strong technical reputation.
These are the skills you'll bring with you:
- M.S. in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace or Systems Engineering with 6 years of design / development OR B.S. in Engineering plus 10 years of experience in a design / development engineering. A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Technology is not acceptable.
- 6 years of progressive experience in the field of Engineering at MOOG is preferred. Equivalent years of experience outside of Moog will be considered.
- Proven general capabilities/competencies in Initiating Action, Customer Focus, Building Strategic Working Relationships.
- Proven specific capabilities/competencies in Modeling and Simulation, Verification and Validation Methods, Control System Design, Integration and Test.
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO