Microbac Laboratories, Inc. Sample Login Technician in Cortland, New York
842-899 Job Description
We are currently seeking a Sample Login Technician for our laboratory located in Cortland, NY. This is an administrative client services position, responsible for receiving, logging and tracking environmental test samples as they arrive at the laboratory. Our ideal candidate will be highly organized, comfortable working in a fast paced work environment, possess some shipping/receiving or office administrative experience, and will be comfortable working with computers to input sample data is key to ensuring samples can be accurately tracked throughout their lifecycle.
This is a full-time position, offering a full suite of company benefits and a work environment that embraces collaboration and teamwork.
Sample Login Technicians provide critical administrative support to the laboratory operations team by ensuring test samples are received, documented, and stored in a manner that protects the integrity of the sample and allows them to be located and identified in a quick and efficient manner. Login Technicians also provide stellar customer service to clients, both in person and via phone, addressing questions and routing calls to the appropriate team members.
- Interface with clients and vendors, providing outstanding customer service and ensuring that all samples are received, properly labeled, documented, tracked, and routed throughout the laboratory in a timely manner.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Great and address inquiries from clients and vendors.
- Receive, unload/unpack shipments of test samples and supplies.
- Inspects shipments of samples to ensure sample integrity.
- Ensure all required documentation is thoroughly completed (i.e.; Chain of Custody Forms).
- Maintain a login system that is easy to understand and allows others to quickly locate and retrieve samples.
- Properly label and log samples into the Laboratory's Information Management System.
- Determine and assign appropriate priority to incoming samples in accordance with customer requests and sample processing requirements.
- Package and ship samples to other in-network laboratories.
- Prepare sample bottle kits that clients use to collect and transport samples.
- Seek out and explore areas to streamline function and create efficiencies that save time or money that do not negatively impact quality.
- Perform various clerical duties such as data entry, filing, copying, faxing, and answering phones.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- PC proficiency.
- Above average organizational skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to independently follow protocols.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent.
Microbac is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Race/Veteran.Job Location
Cortland, New York, United StatesPosition Type
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.