First Transit, Inc. Automotive Technician in Cortland, New York
Looking for a new career? Join First Transit as a Fleet Automotive Technician!
We maintain and repair vehicles and buses for Cortland Transit!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive wages - bonus for each ASE certification you possess or obtain!
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Automotive Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Automotive Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Previous automotive repair experience required
- Valid driver's license
- Must possess an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- ASE Certifications are preferred
- Subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.