The Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for delivering and selling a full range of branch banking services to individuals, businesses and municipalities. The incumbent has accountability for managing a portfolio of business clients and developing new business clients within their territory. Responsible for developing and achieving territory plans and goals which include, but are not limited to: deposits, loan originations, fees, sales of investment/trust services and management of local market production.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complies with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (S.A.F.E. Act) requirements and, where applicable, registration requirements.
- Develops and implements a Business Development Call Program to encompass existing business clients of branches within territory, as well as, new clients from prospect lists, other resources and referrals. Seek opportunities for referrals to new clients through existing portfolio.
- Builds and develops COIs (Centers of Influence) to provide ongoing referrals and leads for all bank products and services.
- Develops partnerships to enhance and expand the client's relationship with the bank, including loan officers, internal and external product specialists, District Sales Managers, and Division Managers. Utilize business partners to capture a larger wallet share and enhance the customer's experience with VNB.
- Develops and implements strategic business plans which are consistent with VNB corporate direction and result in achieving targeted loans, deposits and fees.
- Builds, expands and maintains customer relationships to grow the deposit base of the branches within the territory, increase product utilization and increase revenue.
- Support Retail Banking promotions and initiatives. Serve as an expert on these initiatives.
- Participates in and supports CRA activities and programs. Participates in industry trade groups, business associations and charitable organizations.
- Submits accurate and timely sales reports as needed.
- Supports the Relationship Sales Manager and Branch Service Manager's role as branch internal sales and service managers.
- Possess knowledge of the entire bank's consumer and commercial deposits product line, wealth management and insurance products, cash management and commercial loans as well as external partner products and services.
- Knows the competition's product line to bring ideas forward and develop plans to gain clients from them.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Regular work hours and days assigned including Saturdays and Sundays. Evening hours as needed for networking and training.
- Extensive travel to client appointments, meetings and trainings as required by position and may be required to assist or cover other Territory Sales Managers or Relationship Sales Managers.
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of four years sales/business development experience.
- Bachelors Degree from a four year college or university preferred.
- Sales/business development experience with a bank, credit union, or other financial institution preferred.