HP Hood LLC YARD JOCKEY - 2ND SHIFT in Batavia, New York
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving assigned goals in the areas of warehouse/distribution, safety, quality, performance, and cost.
- Responsible for positioning and moving trucks and trailers on and between warehousing facilities.
- Responsible for local vehicle operations involving the performance of routine inspections and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to supervisor.
- Conduct pre-trip inspection of trailers; operates tractor trailer handling equipment; transports trailers in the yard, and completes yard check forms.
- Responsible for complying with GMP's, SOP's, corporate and/or plant policies, rules, and regulations.
- Provides assistance and support to all areas in the warehouse as assigned by supervisor/lead and begins to train and build competence on key tasks in the warehouse such as case picking, powered industrial truck operations, loading/unloading activities, sortation and palletizing activities.
- Cover's breaks and lunches and other staffing needs as assigned by their supervisor/lead.
- Compliant with all legal requirements concerning dairy processing and safety on their assigned shift and reports concerns to their supervisor/lead.
- Works in a safe manner and reports safety concerns promptly to their supervisor/lead and takes corrective actions as necessary to ensure a safe environment.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems and initiating action and for supporting SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality.
- Ensures work areas are sanitary and strictly adheres to sanitation practices.
- Communicates effectively between shifts and other departments.
Education and Experience:
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs including but not limited to a CDL.
- Ability to apply basic to complex mathematical concepts such as adding, counting, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and knowledge of weights and measures, to sufficiently handle job tasks.
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic to complex employees, vendors, and customer inquiries.
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Ability to operate facility equipment as required in assigned area.
- Complete all company training requirements.
- Ability to interpret company documents and literature and UPC code information.
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the facility including but not limited to office, production, and warehouse environments. Including the outside perimeter of the building.
- Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance and move objects exceeding 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
HP HOOD LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED
"VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR"