Consigli Construction Co., Inc. Superintendent (Albany, NY) in Albany, New York
Superintendent (Albany, NY)
Regular Full Time
When we ask our clients why they hire Consigli Construction again and again, they say it s because our people will do whatever it takes to deliver on all our promises. Good enough is never enough and we continually challenge ourselves to come up with better solutions. There is a tremendous amount of pride within Consigli Construction and it shows in the passion we bring to building great projects for great clients. What our clients sometimes don t get the opportunity to experience is that our people also go the extra mile for each other and for our community. Maintaining this close-knit culture is very important to us as we bring on talented new hires. Here you re not just a number, you re family. And once you are in the Consigli Construction New York family, we want you to stay here keeping you excited and motivated as we continue to grow.
Whether you are a new college graduate, a seasoned industry veteran or someone looking to make a career change, check out our current opportunities to see if there is a fit for you.
Reports to: General Superintendent
Consigli Construction NY is seeking a Project Superintendent who will be responsible for the daily coordination and direction of the project so that it is safe, within budget, on schedule, meets the company's quality standards, and meets the customer's satisfaction. This position will report to the General Superintendent and will work together with the Project Manager. The right candidate for this position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
* Administer project safety program to maintain a safe and healthy work environment;
* Develop and implement a site specific safety plan for each project assigned;
* Supervise construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design;
* Thoroughly understand owner requirements, contract plans, contract specifications, and submittals;
* Work with project team to set project goals;
* Manage the project quality efforts, insure that all work required by the corporate quality plan is complete and accurate;
* Manage project to meet budget and schedule requirements;
* Assist project manager in developing monthly cost to complete;
* Identify changes in the field, authorize field change requests, provide all documentation required to insure compensation for all work performed;
* Approve all subcontractor requisitions;
* Supervise all scheduling efforts;
* Manage the project to meet schedule requirements including tracking progress against important dates, periodic communication of schedule requirements, and weekly subcontractor meetings;
Desired Skills and Experience:
* OSHA 30 Hour training;
* Thorough knowledge of Corporate Safety Program;
* Working knowledge of CPM schedule;
* Working knowledge of cost report and labor production report;
* Thorough knowledge of corporate quality program;
* Thorough knowledge of subcontract language;
* Ability to work with and manage multiple people;
* Excellent oral communication skills;
* Basic computer knowledge;
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Consigli provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Employer's Job# 2017-CCI-086
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.