MassMutual Financial Group Retirment Education Specialist in Albany, New York
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
Eligible for Sales Incentive (VICP). Provide onsite education services to employee/participant customers. Develop presentation materials and lead employee/participant meetings – including worksite meetings with rollover focus, investment education seminars, enrollment meetings, pre- retirement meetings, etc. Work closely with Plan Sponsors, Relationship Managers, Rollover Team and other internal and external partners to deliver high quality education services that support plan health and customer retention rates. Also Support Sales efforts by participating in sales finals and presenting plan health story to advisors and prospects. 6 & 63 registrations are required, FINRA Series 7 preferred.
• Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that have short to medium-term focus
• Works with guidance on more complex projects
• Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
• Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts
• Looks for and finds ways to improve operations
JOB RESPONSIBILITES & REQUIREMENTS
MassMutual is an industry-leading innovator with a passion to helping individuals maximize their retirement success through a holistic approach of needs-based solutions. For this opportunity, candidates will work with our retirement plan clients in group and one-on-one settings; delivering various presentations, retirement planning tools, products and problem-solving skills to make the difference with our clients participants. It's the difference between just thinking about retirement success and making it attainable and realistic.
As a Retirement Education Specialist one of your primary responsibilities is to effectively and efficiently provide onsite education services to employee/participant customers. The Retirement Education Specialist also supports Sales efforts by creating and implementing high quality participant programs and services for both clients and prospects – based on identified needs. In this position you will work closely with Plan Sponsors, Sales Representatives, Relationship Managers, Account Managers and other internal and external partners to accomplish these goals. The Retirement Education Specialist develops presentation materials and leads employee/participant meetings – including investment education seminars, enrollment meetings, pre-retirement meetings, train the trainer sessions, etc.
• High School Diploma
• A clear understanding of retirement planning
• 3+ years related experience in the financial service industry
• Significant knowledge of the 457, 403b, 401k, and Defined Benefit businesses is required.
• FINRA 6 (7 preferred), 63 required or obtain within a designated amount of time
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
• Must be able to travel within territory 50-75% of the time.
• Must be able to travel outside of territory on an as needed basis.
• Depending on territory assigned, valid motor vehicle license
• Need dependable transportation
• Living in CT/Eastern NY area preferred or willing to relocate to this area within designated amount of time.
• Bi-lingual Spanish/English is a must.
Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
• College Degree in Financial Services/Education/Accounting background preferred
• Proven sales experience and the ability to work independently and with a team.
• Strong work ethic and a drive to meet or exceed established goals is necessary.
• Excellent presentation, analytical, communication, problem-solving, organizational skills and computer skills (Outlook, MSOffice, CRM, etc.) are required.
• Knowledge of MassMutual’s services and investment offerings is a plus.
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
At MassMutual, we’re fostering an inclusive and dynamic environment where our employees are valued for who they are and can build successful careers. For us, diversity and inclusion is more than a goal, it’s the only way forward.
• 100% rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2018)
• National Association for Female Executives Top Company for Executive Women (2017)
• DiversityInc Noteworthy Company (2017)
• Disability Equality Index® (DEI) Best Place to Work for Disability inclusion (2017)
• Working Mother Media 100 Best Company (2017)
• Military Friendly Employer (2018)