Consigli Construction Co., Inc. Project Management Intern - Summer 2018 (Albany, NY) in Albany, New York
Project Management Intern - Summer 2018 (Albany, NY)
When we ask our clients why they hire Consigli Construction again and again, they say it s because our people will do whatever it takes to deliver on all our promises. Good enough is never enough and we continually challenge ourselves to come up with better solutions. There is a tremendous amount of pride within Consigli Construction and it shows in the passion we bring to building great projects for great clients. What our clients sometimes don t get the opportunity to experience is that our people also go the extra mile for each other and for our community. Maintaining this close-knit culture is very important to us as we bring on talented new hires. Here you re not just a number, you re family. And once you are in the Consigli Construction New York family, we want you to stay here keeping you excited and motivated as we continue to grow.
Whether you are a new college graduate, a seasoned industry veteran or someone looking to make a career change, check out our current opportunities to see if there is a fit for you.
Project Management Intern
Assists and supports the Project Engineer, Project Manager and Superintendent on assigned projects. The position works under direct supervision, performs routine daily administrative activities and gathers and distributes information. The Project Intern must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong communication and organizational skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Receive, review, forward and track status of submittals;
* Prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs;
* Assist in preparations of bid packages and procurement;
* Track and inspect material deliveries;
* Assist in preparation of monthly owner project status reports, as required;
* Attend project meetings and record meeting minutes;
* Assist in project close-out;
* Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
* Broad understanding of industry;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Basic math/accounting skills;
* Functions effectively as part of a team;
* Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
* Ability to understand and follow directions;
* Good time management skills and organizational skills;
* Ability to read drawings and specifications;
This position is not responsible for oversight or performance management of any employees.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a paid, non-exempt, internship position. Standard work hours are Monday through Friday totaling a 40-hour work week. This position may occasionally require overtime as approved by management.
Travel is not required by this position.
Required Education and Experience
Pursuing a bachelor s degree in a relevant field.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Consigli provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Employer's Job# 2018-CCI-034
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.