Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Seasonal Warehouse Associate
Location: VWR Education Department/Function: US Operations
Location City: West Henrietta Last updated: 3/15/13 9:08 AM
VWR International, LLC, headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a global laboratory supply and distribution company with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2012. VWR enables the advancement of the world's most critical research through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, educational, governmental and healthcare industries. With 160 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities spanning the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates around the world working to streamline the way researchers across North America, Europe, and Asia stock and maintain their labs. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing onsite services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
VWR Science Education, locally known as Ward’s Science, is the most dynamic Science Education Supply Company in the market! VWR Education is focused on providing creative, accessible solutions for classroom and laboratory learning. Our diversity of products and unique value-added offerings help customers achieve cost-effective solutions.
We are currently seeking Temporary Warehouse Associates to join our team on a seasonal basis. As a Temporary Warehouse Associate, you will perform a variety of routine order fulfillment, receiving, and/or assembly related tasks. Your functions will include but are not limited to; Picking, Packing, Shipping, Receiving, Put away and other related Distribution Center (DC) functions. Our Temporary Warehouse Associates are typically assigned to one department at a time, but shifting departments based on business needs is not uncommon. This is a temporary seasonal position.
* Pick product within logical order, replenish stock, put away incoming stock in the designated location, and transport completed order totes to the pack line using a cart or pallet jack.
* Transfer picked stock from the order tote to shipping package, pre-assemble corrugate boxes and deliver them to a packing station, operate the taping machine to prepare packages for final delivery, and transfer packages from the packing conveyor to the appropriate carrier pallet.
* Unload trucks and place incoming packages in the appropriate area, open inbound packages and match up to the appropriate purchase order, process the appropriate receiving transactions and place stock into the put away area, and put away stock as directed by the put away tag.
* Pick kit components from stock as directed by the pick ticket, organize stock on the production table as directed by the production order, place kit components in bag or box, preassemble corrugate boxes and label as directed by the production order, and transport finished kits to the appropriate stocking location.
* Follow all safety guidelines at all times, maintain a clean and orderly work environment, and work in an efficient manner while ensuring quality standards are met.
* Required: High School education or GED
* Preferred: 1-3 years warehouse experience or equivalent work experience
Compensation and Benefits:
* Competitive pay
* Flexible work hours – part-time and full-time hours available
* Monday thru Friday 40 hour work week – No weekends
* Greatly reduced employee prices on our products
* Company-wide events for all associates
Why Work for VWR Education:
Are you looking for a summer job that offers both part-time and full-time hours?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
Are you looking for a summer job that offers a 40 hour work week with weekends off?
Do you enjoy working with others?
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of science teachers and students?
If you answeredYESto any of the above questions, this may be the great summer job opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visitwww.VWRjobs.com.