Army Tank-Automotive and Armament Command (TACOM) Emergency Services Dispatcher in Watervliet, New York
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The Watervliet Arsenal is an Army-owned and -operated manufacturing center located in New York. It is the oldest, continuously active arsenal in the United States having begun operations in 1813. Today it is relied upon by U.S. and foreign militaries to produce the most advanced, high-powered weaponry for cannon, howitzer, and mortar systems. The Arsenal is the only location in the DoD that has a weapons research facility (Benét Laboratories) collocated with a manufacturing facility (Arsenal).
Who May Apply:U.S. Citizens
NOTE: APPOINTMENTS MADE FROM THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE EXTENDED FOR A TOTAL OF 6 YEARS
Receive and process emergency calls. Operate equipment such as interior station intercommunication and public address systems, and two-way non tactical fire radio communications between fire alarm center, and operational elements such as the Health Clinic or Emergency Services. Maintain a daily log of organizational activities. Clean and properly maintains communications area and equipment. Use word processing system and local computer system for research, document or spreadsheet preparation. Receive visitors/routine telephone calls furnishing information requested or refers to proper personnel.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel May be required up to 10%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of general experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. General experience is defined as: (1) Experience receiving telephone calls and routing by name or functional area; (2) Experience receiving and/or directing visitors; (3) Experience in planning and coordinating meetings; and (4) Experience utilizing office automation software/equipment.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- KNOWLEDGE OF ALARM SYSTEMS OR DISPATCHING EQUIPMENT
- ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE
- OFFICE ADMINISTRATION SKILLS
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
A. Successfully completed at least 2 years of education above the high school level from an accredited college or university. (NOTE: you must submit a copy of your transcripts at the time of application).
B. A combination of general experience and education that together equal 100% of the requirement. (NOTE: you must submit a copy of your transcripts at the time of application).
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Personnel security investigation is required.
- May require overtime.
- May require shift work and/or work on rotating shifts to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, holidays and in other situations.
- Salary includes locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Payment of Permanent Change of station costs (PCS) is not authorized.
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/acred/index.html.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
- If selected and qualified based on education, official college or university transcript must be submitted. Must obtain certification in Telecommunicator II and HAZMAT Awareness within one year of hire.
- This is a Term position. Term positions are filled for a period of more than one year but not more than 6 years.
- Noncompetitive conversion to career-conditional or career appointment may be made without further competition
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474545100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-26
Salary: $29,558 to $38,420 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 04
Series: 2151 Dispatching
Appointment type: Term NTE 2 Years
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: NEAJ171713011986756D
Control number: 474545100