Requisition Number: 3874
Shift: to be determined
Company: HP Hood
To fulfill the daily operations of the assigned equipment at the highest quality and in the safest manner possible. Job responsibility will include compliance with all regulatory, State, and Company policies and procedures to best meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Daily operations of equipment in a production setting, to include the start up, operation, shut down, and sanitation of all related equipment according to Standard Operation Procedures.
- Adherence to all plant GMP and sanitation policies.
- Compliance with all OSHA regulations as well as 100% plant safety policies.
- Following all guidelines and rules associated with local unions CBA.
- Expected to report to and return to work on time, and work overtime as required.
- Continuous improvement in personal growth and development into leadership roles.
- Maintain and complete required environmental paperwork. Accurate documentation - maintain records and logs as required.
- Maintain positive relationships with all plant management, peers, and visitors.
- Attend scheduled meetings and mandatory training as required.
- Responsible for general plant cleanliness with the expectation of being inspection ready 24/7.
- Ensure effective communication between shifts and other departments.
- Assist in designing, improving, and installing equipment and systems to improve plant quality, safety, and production needs.
- Ensure on time start up of equipment.
- Responsible for the repair of all equipment breakdowns, preventative maintenance programs, and general repair.
- General maintenance including, painting, building repairs, plumbing, electrical work, boiler maintenance.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance and general repairs to the anhydrous ammonia system.
- Must provide your own small hand tools.
- Must pass pulmonary function/respiratory test annually.
- Compliance to sanitary procedures when handling packaging materials.
- Must ensure compliance with all quality signatures and, checks and balances.
- All other assignments given by the Supervisor or Foreman in charge.
Education and Experience: Physical Requirements:
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Basic Computer Skill preferred
- Ability to work well with people.
- Communication skills are a must.
- Multi-tasked Individual.
- Ability to work independently and in a team based atmosphere.
- Background in electrical, electronics, and PC, experience in plumbing, refrigeration and equipment, as well as knowledge of equipment.
- Basic knowledge of electrical starters, switches, and 3 phase motors.
- Experience with servo based systems helpful but not required
- Standing: Long periods (a minimum of 8+ hours)
- Sitting: Occasionally for short periods
- Walking: Long periods
- Bending: Frequently
- Twisting of Spine: Frequently
- Lifting: Heavy (50+ lbs) frequently
- Carrying: Heavy (40-60 lbs) frequently distance
- Pushing/Pulling: under 75 lbs without assistance frequently