Northwell Health Pharmacy Technician Per Diem (LIJ Valley Stream) in Valley Stream, New York
Req Number 001H7W
Job Category Nursing Support
Assists in the preparation, dispensing, manufacturing and repackaging of medications. Assists in maintaining records and reports. Maintains sufficient inventories at workstations.
1. Assists Registered Pharmacist in the non-professional (non-judgmental) aspects of preparing and dispensing medication.
Fills,packages, labels and stocks unit dose cart from patient profile card orcomputerized pick list; brings cart to nursing unit according topredetermined schedule. Makesother deliveries, as required.
Fills bottlesor other package forms with measured amount of medication eithermanually or mechanically.
Labelscontainers of drugs according to department specification, eithermanually or mechanically.
Assists inclean air room, using sterile technique in filling and labelinginjectable prescriptions.
Assists inpreparation of IV additives.
Fillsmedication orders in inpatient area.
Responsiblefor extemporaneous medication packaging, as required.
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in maintaining a variety of records and reports.
Maintains IVrecords with Pharmacist direction.
Maintainsrecords for medication in inpatient area.
Maintainsrecords of preparation of extemporaneous medications.
Assists in themaintenance of statistics and records for all medication orders.
Enters ordersinto computer terminal.
3. Maintains sufficient inventory at workstations in Pharmacy.
Transportsrequired pharmacy material, as necessary.
Receives andmaintains records of stock and inventory control.
Assists inmaterial control by maintaining records and inventories.
Maintainsplacement of sufficient daily inventory of supplies to all areas ofPharmacy to assure efficient operating conditions.
4. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
REQUIREDEXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Graduate of a recognized Pharmacy Technician Training Program
Equivalent hospital pharmacy experience, required.
· Two (2) years experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital pharmacy with a computerized system, preferred.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, where applicable.
· Ability to learn computerized hospital pharmacy system.