Lockheed Martin Assistant Engineer in Uniondale, New York
- Proficient in C, C++, Java
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to follow disciplined standards and development processes
- Experience with UNIX/Linux Entry level software engineering position. Primary responsibility will be software development on the Trident FBM Submarine Navigation System. Responsibilities include full software life-cycle development (SW design, implementation and all levels of test) and maintenance. Candidate may also work in a Systems Engineering role developing operational concepts, system requirements and design as well as in a Systems Integration & Test role developing test procedures and testing the system. Candidate will work on multiple program baselines from maintaining a deployed system to new development on both tactical and simulator software. Will work in a collaborative team environment and interact with customer.
Basic Qualifications - Proficient in C, C++, Java - Strong problem solving skills - Strong verbal and written communications skills - Ability to follow disciplined standards and development processes - Experience with UNIX/Linux - Experience with ClearCase or other software versioning system - Ability to complete work within defined schedules and budgets - Ability to obtain a security clearance - Knowledge of object oriented programming - Due to clearance requirements, must be US Citizen - Willingness to travel - Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Desired skills - Familiarity with software development environments - MatLab - DOORS - UML - Software and System level testing experience - User Interface development
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Mitchel Field New York