Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Patent Docket Clerk in Tarrytown, New York
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Patent Docket Clerk will work under the Supervisor, Patent Paralegal Group, to help develop novel procedures and best practices for maximizing efficiency and analyzing data related to Regeneron’s intellectual property. The Patent Docket Clerk will also provide docketing support in all phases of the patent prosecution process (including docketing deadlines, saving official patent documents and entering patent bibliographic data in the patent docketing database) and manage our electronic databases and web-based platforms.
The Patent Docket Clerk will also be expected to work closely with an active group of patent attorneys/agents/paralegals and interact with outside legal counsel as well as other legal groups in the Law Department. In addition, the paralegal will be expected to contribute to administrative projects intended to develop an IP Department displaying the highest legal and ethical standards.
Sample responsibilities will include:
• Maintain and utilize Regeneron’s electronic databases pertaining to IP-related information and develop creative solutions for docketing, data visualization and document management.
• Process a large daily volume of patent related email received from the IP team and US and foreign patent counsel.
• Docket each individual patent deadline according to patent law or outside counsel guidance.
• Extract the patent data from the correspondence and enter it in Regeneron’s patent docketing database, which has 10,000 patent records.
• Save the official patent documents attached in the emails to the relevant docketing database record.
• Generate and email docket reports of upcoming patent deadlines to the IP team and ensure that no deadline is missed.
• Generate various portfolio reports as requested by the IP team.
• Thorough knowledge of US and foreign patent prosecution, including deadlines and all forms of patent documents.
• Expertise in using computer databases and web-based platforms. Familiarity with the Anaqua IP management system, Serengeti billing system as well as the Sharepoint and QlikView web-based platforms is preferred.
• Exceptional organizational skills sufficient to manage an extensive and growing IP portfolio.
• Exceptional communication skills, including interpersonal, writing and conflict resolution.
• Ability to independently oversee docketing matters and work collaboratively with other personnel at Regeneron.
• Ability to handle multiple complex docketing matters and see projects through to conclusion.
• Familiar with the USPTO website and other US and foreign patent internet sites and tools.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of US and foreign patent docketing experience in a law firm or in-house patent department, biotech experience a plus.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.