CNY Centro Internal Control Manager in Syracuse, New York
NY1223491 Internal Control Manager
DEPARTMENT: Finance, Central New York Regional Transportation Authority
SALARY RANGE: Grade 7: $61,804 (min) to $75,697 (midpoint) to $89,652 (maximum)
Note: Starting salary is determined by evaluation of experience and qualifications for the position and will be set at some point between the minimum and maximum of the pay scale.
JOB SUMMARY: This position will conduct and direct the ongoing review of the Authority's internal control system complying with the concepts set forth in the May 2013 Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission's (COSO) updated report entitled Internal Control - Integrated Framework and the Standards for Internal Control in New York State Government published by the Office of the NYS Comptroller. The ideal candidate will have a background in accounting and auditing. This position will report directly to the CFO.
- Assesses the adequacy and the extent of functions designed to meet company operating, reporting and compliance objectives
- Plans internal meetings and compiles and issues reports detailing conclusions providing recommendations to senior management about improving policies and audit triggers
- Maintain and cultivate a master inventory of our business policies, practices and processes
- Perform inquiries and testing as needed to identify and resolve vulnerabilities
- Facilitate risk assessment
- Serve as the principal point of contact on assigned compliance activities within the organization as appropriate
- Gathers data to prepare reports to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as other government regulations associated with the Public Authorities Reform Act (PARA) of 2009, the Authority Budget Office (ABO), NYS Executive Orders, NYS Public Authorities Law (PAL)
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant NYS & Federal laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Participates in special projects as required
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with applicable experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Public Accounting
- Knowledge of principles and practices of government auditing and compliance, budgeting and related fiscal control functions and internal control system experience
- Proficiency in MS Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of internal control principles and practices
- Keen awareness of ethics, the ethical environment and understanding of ethics requirements
Applications must be submitted to Carmen Brienza cbrienza@CENTRO.ORG or go onto our website at www.centro.org and apply! All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. CNYTRA reserves the right to select a candidate from within or outside the Company.