National Grid Analyst - Substation Standards & CMMS Group (O&M Services) in Syracuse, New York
National Grid is seeking an Analyst for a position within the Substation Standards & CMMS group at our Syracuse, NY location. The Substation Standards and CMMS group assists Divisional Substation Operations & Construction groups with day to day support along with Substation Engineering & Design group for Substation Engineering document updates. The group also supports projects including new substations, damage failures and substation asset replacements.
The position is also responsible for originating, changing and reviewing substation and engineering documents after collecting inputs from subject matter experts. It also encompasses an overview of the Documentum process
This position will provide analytical support service to the department such as gathering and analyzing data and producing reports in order to provide relevant and up to date information to support decision making for the department. Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel as all Engineering Docume nts shall be compiled and stored in Documentum as Microsoft Word documents, Excel documents or other approved formats
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Responsibilities include strong coordination and steps for when a new document needs to be created and for when an existing document needs to be reviewed / updated
* Officially submit and track corrections, recommended changes and questions pertaining to Substation Engineering and Design Documents
* Independently collate and analyze work unit data and/or financial data within one or multiple areas in order to support the department's decision making process.
* Develop and maintain analytical systems, models and procedures in order to support design solutions and enhance time/consistency/safety/efficiency and operability, including a cost metric report for the department.
* Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrangements to ensure work is carried out efficiently, in a timely manner and in line with relevant policies and procedures.
* Monitor and review financial information in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information.
* Monitor and review documentation of staff to ensure that work is carried out according to procedures, fully completed and filed.
* Prepare and write relevant documentation in order that all stakeholders are fully informed and all evidence or statistics are documented,
* Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area.
* Build upon technical/professional skills within own area of specialism or of other processes in order to continually grow your contribution to the business.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience OR an Associate's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
* Knowledge of National Grid's business operations, company policies and practices.
* Understanding of the plant accounting work order life cycle.
* Understanding of project management techniques and methods.
* Knowledge of substation engineering materials used for construction and engineering drawings is desired.
* Proven analytical skills and the ability to work independently or in groups to achieve objectives.
* Ability to research, compile, coordinate, schedule, review, document, organize and verify data and conduct independent analysis to identify inconsistencies.
* Proficient organizational skills to be able to manage multiple priorities.
* Must be detail oriented with demonstrated ability to review accuracy of own work to ensure all details are completed.
* Proficient in relevant software (i.e. Excel, Word, SAP, Powerplant, Cascade) and query tools (i.e. SAP, Business Objects).
* Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally to the organization.
* Must have a valid NYS driver's license with a clean driving abstract.
This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that value s a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion t hat drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.