National Grid Analyst, Business Process Support (BPS) Governance in Syracuse, New York
About the Position:
The Business Process Support (BPS) team is responsible for supporting all business processes and end users impacted by the National Grid back office solution including SAP systems, PowerPlan and work order front office integration. Key SAP business areas include Finance, Procurement, HR, Payroll, and Supply Chain. BPS delivers support for functions across the business, including support services for user access, technical issue remediation oversight, reporting coordination, master data management, process control, and coordination of business connections.
The BPS Governance Analyst will support the BPS Governance Lead in the coordination, operation and governance of the BPS organization. The Analyst will provide high quality analytical support service such as gathering and analyzing Business Process Support data and producing reports in order to provide relevant and up to date information to support decision making. The BPS Governance Analyst will also be responsible for tracking and trending performance, for supporting the collection of monthly metrics, and for creating and/or maintaining standard operating procedures for the Business Process Support team. The overall goal of these activities is to improve BPS service delivery based on business priorities and approved projects.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Successfully own and execute the processes that contribute to the BPS team and Shared Services organization achieving the overall objectives
* Support the Lead Analyst with activities related to the ERP Governance Council; support delivered through the development of agendas, calendars, minutes and meeting logistics. Engage with BPS Lead Analyst and Director as appropriate to insure agendas are timely and comprehensive. Develop and maintain appropriate action item and risk logs and monitor status; provide recommended courses of action for alignment
* Support the BPS mission to align with Shared Services governance activities, performance management, stakeholder engagement and reporting programs by providing project management support for BPS initiatives
* Monitoring the BPS calendar, coordinating BPS related meetings and events, escalating project risks or issues
* Coordinate with the Lead Analyst to develop and execute a calendar of recurrin g meetings and status reports to monitor BPS operations, activities and issues. Coordinate with Shared Services to synchronize meeting calendars and reporting cycles
* Oversee BPS resource management activities; including maintaining BPS staffing rosters, monitoring HR related reporting requirements & supporting Team Leads in filling open positions, manage the on-boarding, off-boarding, change management support of the BPS Team members
* Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within BPS
* Advise Lead Analyst on Shared Services reporting and management requirements, risks & issues
* Work collaboratively with the Lead Analyst in the support of the BPS Director by supporting initiatives with the development of controls and compliance activities, compliance, risk, resilience, business continuity for Business Process Support
Basic Knowledge & Experience Required:
* Bachelor's degree is required
* 1-3 years' experience supporting organizations of similar size, scope of services and complexity
* Relevant industry practice and legislation, current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or utility regulation
* Back office investment plans and overall business plans
* Knowledge management tools such as SharePoint
* Understanding of IS Governance framework and routines
* Proficient in relevant productivity software e.g. Microsoft Office products; and has the ability to learn new features or tools
* Influencing and communication skills
Knowledge and Experience Requirements for a Band E:
* Knowledge and experience with SAP or general IT environment management administration is ideal
* National Grid business operations, management structure, policies, procedures and standards
* Analytical and critical thinking skills
* Strong project management and problem solving skills
* Champion and leader of change with ability to influence and drive change at organizational levels
* Collaborative, cross-functional work approach building solid working relationships
This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
The selected candidate will move laterally at their current band and market reference point and will not be eligible for a promotion at the time of accepting this position. This applies to candidates moving within the same career path (e.g., analyst, supervisor, engineer), or to a different career path (e.g., analyst to engineer, supervisor to analyst). The selected candidate will have an opportunity to be promoted within the career path during the annual salary planning process.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.