SCO Family of Services Residential Counselor- Per diem overnights in Suffolk, New York
SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services welcomes you to join our family and help us work together to carry out our mission to build a stronger tomorrow.
Residential Counselor for 18 bed, Group Residence for adolescent females. Located Dix Hills Long Island
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To provide a quality of care within the residential milieu consistent with regulatory and therapeutic guidelines and recommendations. To coordinate and supervise all daily activities of the residents. To actively support, facilitate and supervise resident involvement in programs and services available on and off campus to the residents.
·Maintain a positive, safe and healthy environment in which residents will be exposed to meaningful living experienec· Provides immediate therapeutic crisis, intervention in order to provide structure and discipline in line with policies.· As a member of the treatment team contributes to the formulation of individual treatment plans for each resident though the submission of written reports, and participation in meetings. Carries out treatment plans where appropriate.
· Implementations of recreational, wellness and transition activities that make leisure time a positive, rewarding experience.
· Provides for celebrations of special events in group life (Birthdays, Discharges, etc.).
· Supervises resident's personal hygiene routines, management of clothing, care of supply and equipment.
· Conducts' clothing inventories and arranges for shopping trips.
· Orientates new admission to residential program.
· Provides transportation of residents for recreational trips, medical appointments, train runs etc. in agency vehicles with prior approval.
· Prepares and assists residents in the preparation of weekend meals.
· Serves as a role model for residents maintaining values such as integrity, dignity, self-control, honesty and self-respect.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Schedule: 5 days week 3pm -11pm shift. includes Saturday and Sunday
· High School Diploma required, college degree preferred · Ability to care for children. · Valid N.Y.S. Drivers License. · Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver license and fingerprinting as required by the program. · Compliance with health regulations for physical/mantoux testing. · This position requires successful completion of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training, which includes a written test and demonstration of the competency to perform physical restraints, as specified by the program and regulatory body. Additionally, staff must successfully complete all required TCI refreshers in order to maintain continued employment
PER DIEM POSITION .
Job: *RESIDENT COUNSELOR
Title: Residential Counselor- Per diem overnights
Location: New York-Suffolk-Dix Hills
Requisition ID: 29033