Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Postdoctoral Associate REF#:HS-R-7373-13-01-F
Budget Title:same as above Research Foundation Professional Position
Department:Psychiatry RF Line#:R3855
Grade:E.89 Campus:Stony Brook West Campus/HSC
Salary:$37,000 - $48,000Required Qualifications:Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or related field. Completed coursework in Applied Math, Computer Science, Statistics or related field. Excellent interpersonal skills.
Preferred Qualifications:Significant experience in developing and implementing image processing or related algorithms using Python, Matlab and/or C/C++. First author publications in peer reviewed journals. Excellent communication skills. Expertise in analysis of dMRI, packages, (FDT, Camino, DTI-TK, TrackVIs, etc.) Basic knowledge of databases.
Brief Description of Duties:The Postdoctoral Associate will be responsible for the following:
* Develop and implement algorithms for dMRI analysis, including macro-parameter quantification (fractional anisotropy, mean diffusivity, etc.), tractography and connection graphs.
* Interface with PI regarding algorithm development and testing.
* Publish intermediate and final results in peer-reviewed journals.
* Present data at internal meetings, national and international conferences.
* Apply for external funding and assist in the preparation of grant application for this and related projects.
* Work with PI and graduate students as well as investigators at other institutions.
Special Notes:This is a full time position. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously.**Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure:Those interested in this position should submit aResearch Foundation Employment Application, cover letter and resume to:
Christine Delorenzo, PhD
Department of Psychiatry
Health Sciences Center, T-10, Room 020
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8101
Fax#: (631) 444-1560
Use theResourcesbox located at the bottom of this page.