University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Psychiatry SMH Social Work
With minimum direction and considerable latitude for independent judgement, perform routine and non-routine duties requiring highly advanced secretarial skills and proficiency for the Chief Social Worker in Psychiatry and Director of Group Therapy Services. Responsible for considerable departmental administrative details and duties requiring extensive experiences with policies, procedures, and practices of the University, Division of Social Work, and the Department of Psychiatry. Frequent contact with Director, faculty members, staff, students, and other administrative staff. Responsible for assignments and the review of the daily clerical operations.
- Maintain confidential division and department personnel and budgeting information for social work, including salary, documents, performance evaluations, etc.
- Perform a triage function for the Group Therapy Service involving screening and directing patients and professional contacts to the appropriate resource; give information regarding services offered, and follow up on requests.
- Compile information for publications, reports, and correspondence, such as Group Service volume, Social Work Annual Reports, Group Therapy Brochures, etc.
- Assemble information for and assist in preparation of budget request, including Capital and Operating Budget for Social Work in Psychiatry and the Psychiatric Social Work Faculty Practice. Determine office equipment and software needs to meet the demands of the office.
- Assist in preparation for division and departmental courses, seminars, and in-services for both Social Work in Psychiatry and the Group Therapy Service. Assist in planning new training programs.
- Maintain and update policy and procedures for the division and department. Keep Clinical Chief appraised of changes in policies and assist in monitoring compliance. Work with Clinical Chief to identify policy needs of Social Work and the Group Therapy Programs.
- Perform routine secretarial duties including sorting and distributing mail, dictation for patient evaluations, correspondence, memos, etc.
- Manage incoming calls and scheduling appointments; maintain files and offices supplies; arrange travel; organize faxes, copies, and mail distributions for the Social Work Division.
- Compose, type, and sign correspondence.
- Serve as recording secretary at key division staff meetings; prepare and distribute minutes; assist in arranging for administrative meetings and seminars; prepare and distribute agendas; reserve rooms.
- Supervise other secretarial and clerical assistants.
- Control division petty cash account.
Two years of post-high school education in secretarial studies or the equivalent, plus three years of secretarial and office experience, including one year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision and to direct an office operation. Advanced secretarial skills. The ability to use a PC with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access (database). The ability to operate commonly-used office machines.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 203204
Full/Part Time: Full-Time