University of Rochester Secretary IV in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 URMFG Administration
8 AM-5 PM
With general direction and latitude for initiative and judgment, perform routine and non-routine duties requiring advanced secretarial, word processing, and database skills and proficiency in an administrative office within the Medical Center; University of Rochester Medical Faculty Group (URMFG). Demonstrate ability to communicate on a professional level with Chief Financial Officer, Directors, Administrators, hospital staff, and customers. Demonstrate ability to prioritize, perform assignments in timely manner, proactively recommend and implement continuous quality improvements.
- Assist Financial Analysts on various departmental forms and capital requests.
- Meeting deadlines, logging, copying, distributing, tracking, and filing.Attention to detail is critical.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Director(s); Managers, and other staff members on specific secretarial/administrative work.This may include typing of letters, memos, and travel reimbursement forms.
- Maintains communication and facilitates processing of Scribe America invoices Responsible for equipment maintenance and service calls.
- Independently plans and makes all administrative arrangements for meetings and special events.
- Communicate with staff daily with relevant information.
- Act on behalf of Manager when not available.
- Perform secretarial, word processing, and database duties including the sorting and routing of mail.Maintain various databases within the department.Maintain department policy and procedure manual.Serve as department receptionist, maintain confidential files, order office supplies, arrange travel and other accommodations. Coordinates University services (e.g. Data processing, Purchasing).Independently prepares requisitions, employee expense reports, and other request for payments.Manage conference room and conference line calendars.
- Manages calendars.Anticipates needs and determines schedules for planning/preparation time needed prior to meetings and deadlines.
- Coordinates departmental, administrative or other meetings.Prepare and distribute agenda and meeting materials. Prepare minutes.
- Maintain e-mail address logs for large frequently used communications.
- Occasionally compose, type and sign non-routine correspondence providing factual information.Assemble information for and draft important and confidential correspondence.Revise, edit and manipulate text and documents for specialized presentations.
2 years of post-high school education; secretarial or word processing studies, or the equivalent. At least 3 years of secretarial and office experience, including 1 year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision and to direct an office operation. Excellent attention to detail and MS Office knowledge is essential to this position. Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary IV
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 203217
Full/Part Time: Full-Time