University of Rochester Secretary, Interpreter Services in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Social Work-Patient & Fam Svcs
The Interpreter Services Secretary provides secretarial support to the Interpreter Services Program.
Coordinate all aspects of scheduling foreign language interpretation services for patients/families within URMC.
- Submit requests to third party vendors to secure interpreters.
- Work with vendors to secure last minute requests/needs.
- Reply to department requests with follow-up emails and confirmations; work closely with departments on scheduling needs for their specific departments; follow-up on interpreter performance with vendor.
Screen and triage telephone calls and emails for the Interpreter Program.
- Maintain email box for the interpreter services department by reviewing each request and responding appropriately to each request. This includes confirmation of receipt, confirmation of interpreter, and requesting additional information or rescheduling a request.
- Comply with the color coding system to keep the request organized and status up to date with appointment.
- Maintain the email box available size by saving the requests to appropriate folders when appointment is complete.
- Schedule Spanish requests in Flowcast per instructions of Lead Spanish Interpreter; work with Lead to schedule overbookings in Flowcast; work with department to maintain the efficiency of the Flowcast schedule.
- Answer phone calls and triage needs of caller (e.g. last minute requests, follow-up with interpreter location, time of arrival, confirmation of interpreter, translation requests, rescheduling and education on referral process).
- Enter appointments that require billing onto the billing calendar; update any cancellations; record confirmations.
Schedule interpreters for deaf professionals within the URMC umbrella (including students, interns, post-doc fellows, residents, and full-time staff).
- Work with departments and professional to secure weekly and monthly schedules.
- Schedule interpreters from team selected by professional.
- Schedule any specialized training with teams and professional.
- Work with DI for each professional if applicable; offer support and assistance.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Cover for lunches, breaks, and vacations for other interpreter secretary.
- Filing requests
- Cover social work reception desk once per week or as needed.
- Attend scheduled training activities.
- Complete minutes for part-time and full-time staff meetings as needed.
2 years of post-high school education: secretarial or word processing studies, or the equivalent. At least 2 years of secretarial, word processing and practical office experience with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and to direct the work of word processors or clerical assistants. OR a combination of formal training and experience equivalent to the above.
Experience with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel software. A college degree and experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary, Interpreter Services
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 203206
Full/Part Time: Full-Time